All offered programs and applets are freeware, Copyright © Jochanan Agam - Zurich, can be freely distributed and may be used completely free, but:
Any commercial exploitation or the sale of software copies is explicitly prohibited !
- portable, no installation required and they run on external media (USB stick),
- stealth, the registry is not used and they leave no traces in the host-PC,
- possibly settings are written into the application folder,
- run under all Windows versions
- in english, possibly with a german language file (*.DE) and a help in german with a bad machine (!) english "translation"
- otherwise with a short english help (for "command line utilities" by running without parameters).
About UPX-compression of EXE-files there are different views. It is a fast loading from disk against a optimal memory consumption. Most of my programs (except those the are allways in memory f.e. PopMenu and AutoText) are compressed using the latest version of UPX and can easily be unpacked at any time with the command: "upx.exe -d program.exe".
But that seems to be the reason why some virus scanners report "viruses" and "malware" for the ZIP files offered for download on these pages ...
As the sole programmer of both the WEB page and all programs made available here for free, I can guarantee that they do not contain any "viruses" or "malware" and that such messages are just false alarms and pure nonsense ...
Skeptics can use the current checksum (hashes) file: SHA-256 of all ZIP files on these pages to check the downloaded files for manipulation by others ...
Comments and suggestions are welcome ...
Jochanan Agam, Zurich