All offered programs and applets are freeware, Copyright © Jochanan Agam - Zurich, can be freely distributed and may be used completely free, but:
Any commercial exploitation or the sale of software copies is explicitly prohibited !
- portable, no installation required and they run on external media (USB stick),
- stealth, the registry is not used and they leave no traces in the host-PC,
- possibly settings are written into the application folder,
- 32bit programs and run under (almost) all Windows versions,
- in english, possibly with a german language file (*.DE) and a help in german with a bad machine (!) english "translation"
- otherwise with a short english help (for "command line utilities" by running without parameters).
About UPX-compression of EXE-files there are different views. It is a fast loading from disk against a optimal memory consumption. Most of my programs (except those the are allways in memory f.e. PopMenu and AutoText) were compressed so far using the latest version of UPX - what I very recommend !
However, since the "complaints" about alleged viruses, etc. do not end, I have stopped from today (24-03-2021) the compression of the EXE files and everyone should decide for themselves.
With the command: "upx.exe -9 (1-9) program.exe" the programs can be packed and unpacked with "upx.exe -d program.exe".
I could not find any logical reasons when testing with different scanners, probably in packed state the reason is just similar patterns ...
As the sole programmer of all programs made available here for free, I can guarantee that they do not contain any "viruses" or "malware" and that such messages are just false alarms ...
Skeptics can use the current checksum (hashes) file: SHA-256 of all the ZIP-files on these pages to check the downloaded files for manipulation by others ...
Comments and suggestions are welcome ...
Jochanan Agam, Zurich