||Info-Base - Personal Informations Manager / Freeform Database
|6.2 - 25.11.2016
a "clone" (with new options) of the good and old "Info-Select" (Version 1.0) ...
- supports Unicode, external and internal links.
- very fast (also with very large amount of data) and effectively for any kind of data ...
- no complex formatting, only TAB and CR/LF.
- the rules are limited to the bare minimum and they can be adjusted arbitrarily.
- the idea is that of a "note spear" (stack) on the desk.
- new notes are easily and quickly placed on top of the appropriate stack.
- free customizable templates for different data.
- clip import from other programs (f.e. browser, e-mail client).
- extremely fast full-text search in each stack (local F4) or in all stacks (global F3).
- combined filter (with logical and), bookmarks, alarm by date (tickler).
- all databases can be edited with any unicode-text-editor.
- unlimited (only disc space) number of notes / stacks.
- the ideal "Zettelkasten" ...
Data from Info-Select can be imported. (IS 1.0 for each stack: "Group", "Export to file" or in newer Versions: export as "Note Delimited", may change (temp.) in InfoBase the "file delimiter" !)
||TCstart - Command line Utilities for TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt, CipherShed etc.
|2.1 - 1.4.2016
three small programs to the more convenient use of crypt-containers:
- allows the automatic mounting and dismounting of crypt-containers when starting programs with data inside a container.
- secure encryption of sensitive data, f.e. for Info-Base (see above), e-Mail, Office etc.
- appears for each open container a different colored tray icon, green for local and red for network, with the drive letter.
- calls directly with a program (with any number of parameters) and asks for the password, when the container is not open.
- single containers can be closed via the popup menu of the tray icon, all in one shot with TCstop.exe.
- a list of drive letter and process (f.e. "z|infobase.exe" in "notClodes.txt") prevents the closing at possibly still open programs, can and must be adapted to your own needs.
- works also with the successor-programs of TrueCrypt: VeraCrypt, CipherShed etc.
- TrueCrypt 7.1a (freeware - last version - otherwise here all versions) is include.
- of course, everything is portable and can be readily used on a USB stick.
- for synchronization with the main PC is an example of a batch file include (with robocopy)
- TCstart.exe without parameters shows the possible options.
- runs in the same directory Keepass (Classic Edition), it is automatically terminated by TCstop.
||AutoText - Typing aid and clipboard extension
|6.6 - 1.4.2016
a small program in the system tray for two tasks:
- It offers in a small tooltip window saved words, texts, phrases, snippets, etc. during typing in any other program and will insert the selected item directly to the cursor position. In case of unsuccessful search, Space, Return, PgUp, PgDn etc. closes the small window, so that fast and liquid typing is not disturbed. Three different search methods can be set.
- In addition AutoText monitors the clipboard and saves the last X text entries of the clipboard, which can then be retrieved as well.
supports Unicode (partially)
Each of the two functions can be switched off separately. Both files are editable. Marked text is transferred directly into the database by a hotkey .
||2.5 - 1.4.2016
This small menu is started either by a hotkey or a click on the tray icon. It is able to handle changing drive letters and therefore it is particularly suitable as a starter for a USB stick.
A special feature is that the icons will not be loaded until popup. Icons of programs or from an icon-library inside a crypt-container will be displayed only when it is mounted. (See above: TCstart)
||DirInfo - Documents-Management-System (archives, photos, audio etc.)
|5.0 - 23.11.2015
It reads a directory and its subdirectories and store they in a dBase database. There can be added short descriptions of the files, Comments (arbitrarily long text) and categories. In addition, file comments (Descript.ion) are supported, eg. for Total Commander etc. Documents can be opened directly from DirInfo if they are associated to a program.
This is particularly suitable for an archive of collections of files, documents, downloads, software, documents, photos, media etc. The entire archive of DirInfo can also be on a USB stick and it will always be available.
||Collection of various utilities (command line)
Help by start without parameters !
- SleepRun - startes any executable file with an arbitrary delay
- DefaultBrowser - set any (portable) browser as the default - tested under Windows XP to Windows 8.1 !
- NoSleep.exe - prevents the shutdown of external hardisks (USB), with icon and operation in the tray.
- NoSleepR.exe - prevents the shutdown of external hardisks (USB), command line version with creating/deleting of an autostart entry.
- PosSize.exe - changes size and position of the active window, multimonitor. to use e.g. with HotkeyP for WIN + Numpad keys.
- KeybLed.exe - displays the current status of keyboard lock keys in the system tray.
- NetTime.exe - synchronize the PC clock with any SNTP server.
- SendKey.exe - Keyboard macros, program/windows-based.
- DirDate.exe - sets the date of directories.
- Drives.exe - shows for each active drive (if disk inserted!) a small icon in the tray.
- PInput.exe - Password entry for batch-files and programs.
- SysUtil.exe - some system functions: empty trash, reboot, shutdown etc.
- DelDir.exe - deletes whole directory structures (like the old DELTREE.EXE).
- ToClip.exe - sends a string (command line) to the clipboard
- ToIni.exe - writes data (command line) to an INI-file
- File2Clip.exe - sends a textfile to the clipboard
- FileRepl.exe - replaces strings in files (binary)
- FileSort.exe - sorts all lines in a textfile.
- DosWin.exe - converts dBase files or text files to ASCI or ANSI.
- DbfTxt.exe - converts dBase files to text files (CSV) and vice versa. (dbf2csv and csv2dbf)
- Ask.exe - questions in a batch-file (console)
- Sleep.exe - wait for x seconds in a batch-file (console)